Sunday, September 03, 2006

What a trip!



Camping did not allow me to post like I had hoped so here we are at home again, after nearly a month on the road. September and Labor Day weekend...I can hardly believe summer is nearly over.

With just over 4000 miles in 4 weeks, we covered some ground and saw incredible scenery, met some lovely people and made a few new friends. Kady was a trooper adjusting to hanging out with her "people" most all of the time, and getting used to the motion of the camper which didn't allow her the daily "beauty rest" time! She did, however, get to swim in several rivers, 2 lakes, and the Pacific Ocean. She's not called a Portuguese Water dog for nothing!

The two pictures posted here are Pete and I at Shoshone Falls outside Twin Falls,ID and Hurricane Ridge on the Olympic Penninsula in WA. Those Olympic Mountains are spectacular! Just like a scene out of Sound of Music!
The Oregon coastline was even more beautiful than I remembered, and the weather typically cool and overcast. Fortunately the cool front followed us back to Colorado so crossing the desert in August was actually quite pleasant!

Again, we discovered that as much as we like getting out and seeing new territory, "There's no place like home"!

Thanks for checking in and when we hit the road
again, which should be FL in November, I'll be back!!

No comments: