What a long time between postings! We arrived home Valentine's Day of this year and have been spending the summer camping, hiking, fishing and gardening. We also finished up the projects that have been waiting for us and we think we have finally got our home to where we want it to be. We also had 20 solar panels installed this fall and hope to see some big savings from Xcel over the long haul!
My mom passed away suddenly on July 3rd... very unexpectedly. We are leaving next week for her memorial service in Casa Grande, AZ which will be held on the 8th of November. Waiting for all the snow birds to return was the reason it is so late in the year. Having the closure will be therapeutic as I'm still feeling like when I go there, I expect to see her.
From the service, we will drive to Tucson and Pete will take me to the airport where I will fly to Jacksonville, FL in preparation to get his mom moved out to Salida. It just made the most sense to do it this way, and I will drive her and her little red car back to Colorado just in time for Thanksgiving. We found a cute little duplex just a block away and it should be very cozy once she gets settled.
My only words of wisdom from all that has happened this year is: live every day like it's your last, and don't delay telling those you love how much they mean to you. You might not get to say good-by...
Get out there and enjoy this beautiful fall!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment